2021 LEGACY TRACK AND FIELD VIRGINIA INVITATIONAL
Tuscarora High School- Leesburg, VA
2021 LEGACY- VA Invitational
Sunday May 23rd, 2021
Tuscarora, High School
801 N. King Street, Leesburg, VA
Welcome to our annual track meet! As you know Covid-19 brings unique challenges as it relates to an outdoor track meet and trying to keep everyone safe. The logistics to make this meet run efficiently and safely will take everyone (staff, team coaches, and athletes) working together and being patient. As such, the following must be strictly adhered to.
- Requests for athletes to be entered into the meet after registration closes on May 16th will not be accepted. No exceptions for any reason. We will not respond to email requests or phone calls asking for this request. We suggest you pay for your athletes when you register them. ALL ENTRY FEES MUST BE PAID ONLINE. Entry will not be processed unless entry fee is paid by the deadline, all major credit cards accepted online on CoachO.com
- Events will be run in sections (explained on next page). There will be 3 sections for this meet.
- Spectators must purchase a wristband before the meet for each section they want to attend. Section Payment links will be sent to the team coach or staff that registered the athletes (to share with their parents) and to the email associated with unattached athletes. Cost: $10 per section. Once a section is at capacity, that section payment link will be cut off. You will receive your wristband at the stadium. Your wristband must be affixed to your wrist before you enter the stadium. The stadium will be cleared after each section. Wristbands cannot be purchased at the meet.
- Payment links will be sent on Tuesday, May 18th. That is when we will know how many athletes are entered into the meet so that we can calculate how many wristbands per section to sell.
- As of today, a maximum of 500 people will be allowed in the stadium. This includes athletes. (subject to change)
- 1 Coach’s wrist band per 10 athletes will be provided in the team packet (minimum of 10 athletes to receive a coach’s wristband). Coaches (with coach’s wristbands) may attend all sections.
- No Spectator Tents will be allowed in the stadium. A maximum of 2 Coaches/Team Tents are allowed. (subject to change)
- No tailgating will be allowed in the parking lots.
- Spectators are required to social distance and wear a mask. Athletes are required to social distance and wear a mask when not competing. Athletes do not have to wear a mask when competing.
- Athletes arriving late to check-in will not be rushed to the starting line. We suggest a coach be responsible for making sure athletes arrive at check-in on time.
This meet will be sanctioned under USATF.
All ages, girls and boys (listen for the age group calls and come race ready to check-in)
SECTION 1: Start at 8am
- ALL FIELD EVENTS
- Race Walk
- 50 M (Primary)
- 3000 Meter Run
SECTION 2: Start time unknown (will have a better idea once we know how many athletes are in Section 1)
-80 M hurdles
-100 M Hurdles
-110 M Hurdles
- 100M Finals
SECTION 3 Start time unknown (will have a better idea once we know how many athletes are in Section 2)
- 200 Meter Hurdles
- 400 Meter Hurdles
- 4 X 100 M Relay
- 800 M
- 200 M
- 4 X 400M Relay
6:45 am Packet Pick-up
7:45 am Coaches Meeting
7:55 am National Anthem
8:00 am Meet Starts
1st—3rd place will receive Medals
4th—6th place will receive Ribbons
Team medals/ribbon can be picked up after the meet is over. Please make sure you have a coach or someone stay to pick up your team medals. Medals/ribbons will not be mailed.
Unattached athlete medals can be picked up during the meet (when available).
An 8-lane all-weather track. Spikes of 1/4” are allowed.
All jumping surfaces are all weather rubber.
IMPLEMENTS (Covid-19 restriction)
All teams/unattached athletes must provide their own implements (shot puts, discus, turbo-javelin). Team Coaches will be responsible for the cleaning the implements if being used by multiple athletes on the same team.
FULLY AUTOMATED TIMING (F.A.T.) by Bernard Canady (Mantronix Sports). Barcode or link for live results will be available at the meet. Final results will be posted on CoachO.